Thursday, July 21, 2011

Skunk Remover Recipe

So, I'm laying in bed in dreamland early this morning when in my dream I can smell it. I slowly wake up and it's not a dream. It is for real. Skunk. I hate skunk smell. So, I figured today I'd post a recipe for a very effective skunk smell remover.

7 or 8 years ago, my little brother was house sitting for my older brother. Hubby and I get a call after we've gone to bed that older brother's dog got skunked. I volunteered to drive to the house and see what I could do to help. On the way there, I picked up cans of tomatoes and my little sister. After a very messy and very ineffective bath of tomatoes, I set my sister to the internet looking for something else that might work. She found this recipe. I was doubtful as I ran to an all-night gas station to buy an overpriced bottle of hydrogen peroxide, but anything to get rid of the stink!

Sure enough, the skunk smell was removed, at least from the dog. Everything else still smelled skunky, including myself. When I returned home, I bathed myself in the skunk remover and no longer smelled skunky.

Skunk Remover

1 quart hydrogen peroxide
1/4 cup baking soda
1 teaspoon liquid soap (I used dish soap)

Combine in an open container. Add some lukewarm water while bubbling. Work into fur, avoiding face and eyes. Let stand for 10 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water.

No comments:

Post a Comment